Good Documentaries



Got me thinking (always a bad thing):

Ladies and Gentlemen: Mr. Leonard Cohen
, 1965. Leonard, before he became the singer songwriter he is known as.

Buster Keaton Rides Again, 1965. Old master showing how to make a film and smoke too much at the same time. I got lung cancer watching these people.

28Up (and onward to 49Up) by Michael Apted. I know it started at 7Up, but I didn't see the first three.

Peking to Paris, The Great Expedition. Australian loonies take veteran cars across the vast expanse.

Koyaanisqatsi. Phillip Glass soundtrack. I saw the follow-up but not the third in the trilogy.

9/11 by the Naudet brothers. That from-street-level footage of the first jet going in still scares the shit out of me.

Artie Shaw: Time is All You've Got
. Big band leader and the trials of celebrity, amongst other things.

AYP: Seattle's Forgotten World's Fair. 1909 World's Fair.

Dreams With Sharp Teeth
. Harlan Ellison. Ah, it could have been better, it could have been worse.

A Day in the Life of a Bus Driver
. I need all the mentors I can get.

There's more.




Share your views...

0 Respones to "Good Documentaries"

Publicar un comentario

Popular Posts

 

Categories

Recent Comments

Our Partners

© 2010 Charles Bukowski All Rights Reserved Thesis WordPress Theme Converted into Blogger Template by http://london2012diving.blogspot.com.ar/